Today one year ago I got that news that our friends Kate and Ash were in an accident. I never thought in a million years that it was bad as it was. Ash was in ICU, in and out of consciousness, and Kate had been killed. I knew where they were coming from because I had texted Kate the night before inviting them over. Kate said they were going to Boulder to hang out. Kate posted a picture, her last post, of an empty bottle of wine and two glasses. Yep, that bad. The accident happened close to home. We really lost two friends that fateful night. Sweet Kate sailed away to heaven and Ash will never be the same. One bad choice with so many consequences. The hardest part was telling my girls. They took it hard, as we all did. We miss Kate every day. She was so young and was an amazing fun person, teacher, friend, and neighbor.
In just one month from today Ash will be sentenced. She is charged with vehicular manslaughter and DUI. She faces up to 5 years in prison and can never be a firefighter anywhere again. Again, she is so young and her life will never be the same. We miss her too. Its hard sometimes not to be bitter, because she knew better than most, what the consequences were. But, my sweet Cora said one day: "Anger and bitterness won't help anything, so I just have to let it go and live a better way." So if you get one thing from this long post I hope you get this. DON'T never ever DRINK, any amount of alcohol, and DRIVE!
We will always live #wwkd style. We love you Kate!
No comments:
Post a Comment